.

.

Monday, October 20, 2008

El Tiempoed



All Melanie wanted to do was to have lunch with her long lost friends. But Jack had other plans. Sinister plans.

The Captain's party graced El Tiempo for brunch on Sunday with nuestros amigos. Her Majesty was feeding Jack in the stern of HMS Tahoe while the rest of us settled in to the beginnings of a great luncheon on one of my favorite patios in Houston. Looking back, I did notice that they were taking their sweet time about it. But being the completely bumbling and insensitive jerk that I am cursed to walk this earth as, I had some more chips.

Meanwhile, back at the ship, Jack had managed to hose down the hold, himself, his peacoat and H.M. with gobs of poopy. And spitup. Did I mention poopy? Y'know that scene from The Exorcist? You're with me now. I could berate you with the gory, and I mean gory details my lovely wife bravely endured, but that would be in violation of our new Mission Statement. Gosh, from witnessing (and smelling) the aftermath, I'll wager it was horrendous. Glad I was swilling fresh-squeezed OJ and being overly chatty while all that was going down! I think parenting is half prayer, half caffeine, and half blind luck. And 3/8ths conflict avoidance. El Comodoro really dodged a bullet on this one.

The day was GORGEOUS. And in Houston, Texas, you treasure all 6 of those days above all others in the year. We high tailed it with the prevailing winds over to the semi-former neighborhood and took a walk at the park.

El Capitan continues to grow, and is smiling and laughing more. He's wreaking havoc on the fleet's lower backs by taking on even more ballast. Jack holds his head up for ridiculous spans, but looks a bit like the bobblehead in the car in front of you. And now a brief announcement from Jack:

ATTENTION ALL HANDS: SIGNAL FLAGS OF THANKS SHALL NOW BE DISPLAYED FOR ALL HANDS INVOLVED IN GIVING CAPTAIN'S AWESOME AND APPROPRIATELY THEMED AQUATIC SWING. AWESOMENESS IS BEYOND IMAGINATION. AFOREMENTIONED HANDS ALSO SERIOUSLY AWESOME. THAT IS ALL. -JMW, CAPTAIN

More next week, everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about pictures?? YOu know I'm now at a deficit of contact since you came and kidnapped my houseguests in my absence. Turn my back just once....Anyway sounds like a good time was had by all at El Tiempo.And you're right, best patio in Houston. bebe

El Comodoro said...

Yeah, yeah, all you people want is pictures. Picture schmicktures. I'm giving you word pictures. OK, fine! I relent: Melanie's downloading some today, and I'll post them hopefully tonight.

And there's a spare bedroom in the apartment, so it's your own fault, Bebe...

Emily said...

I checked out the pics and they are great! He has changed so much in just a couple of weeks! I feel for Melanie in the tahoe with an exploding baby!
- emily