.

.

Monday, January 12, 2009

2 Tsp Cherry Haze

I'm dying, how are you?
Your correspondent's hyper-caffeinated coffee is duking it out with some way-powerful cough suppressant/laudanum to create an uneasy equilibrium of consciousness this morning. I mean, I am hazy. Hope you're faring better.

YouTube? I'm your huckleberry.
Jack has made his first appearance on the ubiquitous YouTube! It's long, unedited, and the picture quality stinks (so much for ponying up for the HD camcorder) but it's there. So you can get my annoying commentary of Christmas morning while the progeny picks from his assorted bag of cute stuff tricks. It only took me 6 months. Using precise calculations, at that rate you have 35 more videos to look forward to until he leaves for college. Savor them. And go burn 6 minutes (SIX minutes!) of your time over there. If Francis Ford Coppola can do it, why not me? Don't answer that.

I am in my prime.
Rather than continuing to report that assorted crew members are feverish, sleep-deprived, snotty, coughing, infectious, malarial, etc., we're just going to assume that's the norm aboard ship and have done with it. Jack isn't sleeping consistently now, and the crew are really concerned about that. We just got used to the 7 hour stretches of pure, blissful, uninterrupted sleep. Guess that's out the door for now until we get back on schedule. Oh boy, does lazy, do-nothing, worthless E.C. miss the schedule!

You tell 'em I'm [not] coming!

So when I originally thought of doing a blog, I wanted to make it interesting. But I've encountered a small hangup. It helps if the subjects involved are fairly interesting, too. So this weekend, we didn't feel like doing anything else, and it had turned cold, so we hung pictures. Lots of pictures. And drank tea. Lots of tea. With lots of honey. Yeah. Big doings. It's about as exciting as a bowling tournament around here. And we're not planning on going much of anywhere, or doing much of anything until Home Port 2.0 (and the crew) is more ship-shape. But don't worry, the bleary-eyed skipper has us busy ginning up interesting adventures and tidbits for future posts. I think.

3 comments:

I Love Baby Quilts! said...

Hi, Saw you over on cakewrecks so checked out your blog. You are not biased, ladies hold onto your hats - Jack is on his way! He is so cute, you are both blessed. Of course my one year old is just as cute, but i'm biased too.

El Comodoro said...

Many thanks Baby Quilts, and welcome! Feel free to stop by and laugh at the crew's inane parenting/blogging skills anytime.
-EC

Jennifer said...

Don't worry as soon as he starts moving around and talking, you'll have so much to blog about, well, in fact you will have a hard time finding the time to blog. (In fact I'll probably post on this subject this afternoon.) Hope y'all can still make it tomorrow!