.

.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Lamest Post Thus Far

Yeah, yeah, I'm late in posting. The reason? It takes time to carefully craft a post as lame-o as this one. Good pics, but wow. Big bag o' nothing today. Big bag o' nothing. Even Jack is charity-smiling for me (see above). Sheesh. Continue at your own risk.

This weekend I was reminded that there's no deep, dark, so-black-it-could-be-navy funk that a Rx of church, family time, naps, Chuy's, Led Zeppelin and Jerry Jeff Walker can't defunkify.

I had planned to do some topic cleanup today, since I haven't written about our microtrip to Dallas or our first experience with the lovely and tattooed denizens of the local pool.

No. Forget that. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, I now give you the pictorial equivalent of 2,000 words. Finished already?! Wow, you must be a speedreader or something! OK, now for some nonsensical thoughts:

I love watching Jack wave at complete strangers, or good friends, or pretty much anything really. The increased interaction with his environment is fun to see. It's cool to know there's a kind little soul behind those 28 inch eyelashes that just wants to say "howdy." To everyone. There's a lesson in innocence (and humanity) in there somewhere.

OK, I lied, one pool story*: I wonder at the morality of slapping a "mom" that repeatedly refers to her two 8ish year old boys as "y'all f***ing motherf***ers." Some folks could use a good stiff slap. And then there are those who are just begging for one. I read somewhere that once you become a mother, that you become the mother of all children. I think the same can be true for fathers. I cringe at what else those two little boys have seen. And what they will see. And I have in me the outrage of all fathers.

So check out Her Majesty and the Captain at Galveston! I wish this picture captured the smell of the bait buckets sitting in the sun. As you can see, even el Capitan's hat wilted from the heat. Hey, I just noticed that we accidentally photographed the Hall of Doom in the background! Now that is crazy. Good thing we didn't hang around.

You guys watch yourselves down there. I think I saw Black Manta and Lex Luthor at the Shell station on Broadway and 51st.

*Your admission will be refunded immediately. Ask your server.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how lines of thinking often coincide--your observation about the kind little soul wanting to wave to all of humanity. That comes from being a happy little camper and the Cap't certainly is that. Anyone who is happy to see his toys again even after a short nap and seems to have a funny story going in his head has got something wonderful going on at the homefront. Kudos to the crew on the happy job they're doing.

El Comodoro said...

Muchas gracias, Anonymous. And you put it much better than I did.

I think I've just found my guest blogger. (Who WAS that masked wo/man?!)

Jennifer said...

I almost fell out of my chair, thanks for the laughs. Especially the Hall of Doom. I would have missed that if I didn't have 2 boys!

I would like to note that it is highly advisible to avoid City of Houston public pools whenever possible.

Try to find a really nice friend with very lax rules at their neighborhood pool and become best friends with pool privileges.

El Comodoro said...

Yeah we almost bought this house with a uuuuuge backyard that wouldda been perfect for a pool. *banging my head on the desk now* Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Now we have to go flash our gang signs and make sure our grillz are shiny, yo.

Thanks for being down with Superfriends references, too. I always wonder about transferability. Just because I lowered my IQ in front of the tube in 1983, that doesn't mean someone else did, too.

Or do you just come off like Dennis Miller would to 13 year olds...