.

.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Outsourcing Creativity

Today was cardio day in my pre-vacation workout regime*. I dragged myself out of bed, somehow pulled on the workout gear, and locked up as I left the house. I then unlocked the door and went right back to bed. Maybe there can't be complete success without abject failure. Beats the daylights out of me as to what to write about this week. Darn it, I want to hear the will of the people! OK, let me have it. How to do that, you ask? Well, I've put up a new poll, so make sure you go make your nasty little opinion count. One funny thing. As you may or may not know about Majesty, she's very particular about how things go down with the Captain. He is dressed in a particular way (usually involves smocking and white shoes). She feeds him in a semi-crunchy granola people-type way. H.M. doesn't cotton to the trendy. At all. Ever. So I did NOT expect her to endorse Squeaker Sneakers. I'm thinking you can figure out what those are contextually. The Skipper is a RIOT to watch in them. Video to come. So now we're just blithering idiots who hang around all day making baby noises and watching Jack squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak all around the house. For those contemplating the glories of parenthood, this is pretty much how it plays out: Ah yes! The ship's crack team of investigative reporters have located exclusive hidden camera footage of the Captain's trip to the Houston Children's Museum. As we discussed last week, it's really more multi-million dollar play room than museum. I expected exhibits featuring Napoleon, Alexander and Marcus Aurelius as kids. Kind of like Muppet Babies except with ruthless world leaders. Anyhoo, the video quality is poor (OK, actually the video itself is extremely poor, too). And the camera angle probably came from the continuing, umm, debate between Her Majesty and yours truly about the green and red camcorder lights (although, yes, red is the "stop" color, it means you ARE, in fact, recording). On the video, I think if you listen VERY closely, you can hear someone giving us illegal tax advice.  
*Really just a precautionary measure before Little Monster rides on my back (thereby turning my spine into powder) in the Great Smoky Mountains.

No comments: