.

.

Monday, July 26, 2010

How YOU Doin'?

We're blogging on location today from a sweaty Mobile, Alabama.  Habatcha.  Yours truly took some of that vacation/time off stuff just to see what it was like.  Really, vacay is hardly necessary, because every day is a vacation at Greener Pastures Capital.  I'm telling you, butterflies and unicorns and rainbows surround my desk 24/7.

I got up this morning to find an unreasonably happy Jack in his Zip-A-Kid (we've arranged for one here locally, too).  I pulled on my ball cap and got his GEEN Crocs on and we rolled over to dad's 2nd favorite coffee shop in the galaxy, Carpe Diem.  Yeah, I trolled for a fix with my son in tow.  Like you haven't.  Oh, and if anybody's ever launching a coffee house, there are some requisite items needed to ensure sucess (and probably to make the java taste better, too):
  1. A name containing Latin, a pun, or both (extra credit for use in a motion picture)
  2. A super old, beat up house with garish, glossy paint (25+ coats preferable) and creaky floors
  3. Chatty staff prone to witty repartee
  4. Proximity to a university.  You've got a built-in customer base in need of stimulants
  5. Minimal parking.  I'm telling you, no place to park screams, "We're hip, have a zero lot line, and no ability to plan ahead."  As an added bonus, it keeps out the over-30 riff raff like myself.  Well, most times.
There you go.  No charge.

So I'm getting shaky waiting on the bohemian 'keeper to construct the five gallon au lait I've demanded.  Jack's in my arms, and he suddenly gets all wiggly.  This lady - and she wasn't bad looking - had just walked in, and Jack tractor beams her with a huuuuuuuuge grin.  And then he starts giggling to really set the hook.  I thought this poor gal was going to melt into a puddle right there on the floor.

While she's putting her order in, Jack leans over and quietly says in my ear, "DUHRL!" [Girl!]

That took about a decade less time than I thought it would.

But don't worry, that was just a passing fling.  He spent yesterday in church with AHN EMUH [Aunt Emily].  Doing this.

2 comments:

Cindy Deister said...

Thanks for the smile! :)

Donna said...

Glad you were able to "sieze the day" in Mobile. :) Hate we missed you guys and your little ladykiller.