.

.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Loxodonta Africana Africana

Go Ahead, Make My All Hallows' Eve
We had a really fine Halloween in the new environs.  On Sunday night, I was glad I had finally pulled the 9mm out of storage, because I'd of course be answering the door all night for trickertreaters.  It then dawned on me that it's probably frowned upon in our new neighborhood to answer the door with a pistol stuffed into your jeans.  The culture shock made me chuckle. 

And for the record, I went armed for the evening only with my sharp tongue and some melty chocolate.  The roughest situation faced was a kid in a San Fransisco Giants uni.  Seriously, kid?!  Where do you live?  Told him he didn't deserve any candy at all, but I'd make an exception.

Oh, and unlike last year, the family pumpkin SURVIVED.  He looks happy, doesn't he?

I Specifically Requested NO MASS MURDERERS
Not much else to report, but Jack did get to parade around the neighborhood as (what else?) an elephant.  In the wild, Loxodonta africana africana is pretty fearless, and doesn't fret about much short of finding the next watering hole.  An important exception:  costumed serial killer mass murderer types.  All bets are off when those dudes show up on the savanna.  As we approach Mr. Killer, I hear little Hathi say from behind my leg, "PICK.  ME.  UP."

Quarantine 
Oh, a few weeks back Majesty and I tramped off to the eastern shore of Mobile Bay for a little getaway, just we two.  The expected getaway turned into a hotel quarantine, as both of us were sick.  And I use the term "quarantine" loosely, since we managed to infect H.M.'s entire family with what is now known as the "Vampire Cooties."  We'd like to now submit our formal apology to everyone involved.

The real zenith of the romantic getaway - this was for our (August) anniversary, mind you - was lying in bed, both of us surrounded by Kleenex, H.M. asleep, me watching the Strangers clinch the ALCS on an A-Rod strikeout.  In the immortal words of Dean Martin, "Memories are made of this."

Boy, Dino sure had that right.

The Hills Are Alive with... Victorian Nannies?
Majesty took Jack to a carousel yesterday.  His reaction while riding the horse:  "I'M MARY POPPINS!"

His favorite movie is now The Sound of Music.  The Captain was noticeably confused when Miss Poppins showed up in the Austrian Alps with her hair chopped off.


Your Weekly Laugh Therapy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of that giggle!!

Trisha said...

He is too cute, Morgan!